Only two teams in last week’s top 10 lost (BTW & Bixby). Those two losses were to the #1 & #2 ranked teams. The Hornets and Spartans both fall in this week’s poll but they do remain in the top 10. With 1 week left to play, the elite teams are starting to separate themselves from the good teams.
1) Jenks Trojans-(9-0)-LW: #1-Beat Bixby 45-7
The defending champs made quick work of the Bixby Spartans in a 38 point victory. Jenks will close out the regular season by hosting Putnam City, a team they should dismantle before the playoffs begin next week.
2) Union Redskins-(7-2)-LW: #2-Beat BTW 49-23
Very similar to Jenks, Union made quick work of a good Booker T Washington team and locked up another district title. Similar to their rival, Union should dismantle Ponca City on the road before focusing on a 1st round meeting with, perhaps, Bixby.
3) Lawton Wolverines-(9-0)-LW: #3-Beat Mustang 46-14
The Wolverines are the only other undefeated team in 6A and have dominated the west side of the state. Lawton, along with Union and Jenks, are the only teams in 6A that have locked up their spot in the playoffs. By the way, that’s a 1 seed after a district title win.
4) Broken Arrow Tigers-(7-2)-LW: #4-Beat Sapulpa 42-7
What a big game coming up for the Broken Arrow Tigers. BA will travel to the OKC area to take on #5 Westmoore. With a win, the Tigers will have a 1st round playoff game, and they’ll also avoid a possible road game at Lawton in the quarterfinals.
5) Westmoore Jaguars-(8-1)-LW: #5-Beat Edison 56-14
The Jaguars were in this situation a year ago. With a win, they could host a 1st round playoff game and a loss meant a 1st round game at Union. Westmoore lost that meeting with BA 26-13. They did go on to push Union in the 1st round almost upsetting them.
6) Midwest City Bombers-(7-2)-LW: #8-Beat Edmond North 19-13
The Bombers got a huge win over Edmond North last week as they continue to just win games. How will Midwest City play in the postseason after missing the playoffs last year? The Bombers are looking at the 2 or 3 seed out of district 6A-3.
7) Booker T Washington Hornets-(6-3)-LW: #6-Lost to Union 49-23
The Hornets fell on the road to one of the best teams in the state. Booker T Washington is having a fantastic season despite being one of the smaller schools in 6A in enrollment. BTW went from battling for a district title with a win, to dropping to 3rd with a loss.
8) Southmoore Sabercats-(6-3)-LW: #9-Beat Choctaw 35-14
As many as 5 schools are in the running for the 2-4 spot out of district 6A-4. It’s going to be a very entertaining week 10 to see who’s in and who’s out. Southmoore travels to Mustang and the winner is in and loser might be out depending on what else happens.
9) Edmond Memorial Bulldogs-(6-3)-LW: #10-Beat Edmond Santa Fe 35-20
Edmond Memorial got a big win over rival Santa Fe last week. The Bulldogs are in that same scenario with Southmoore. With a win this week against Putnam City West, the Bulldogs will be in the playoffs and could be as high as the 2 seed.
10) Bixby Spartans-(6-3)-LW: #7-Lost to Jenks 45-7
Bixby will need to bounce back in a big way after the loss to Jenks. The Spartans will travel to face a Muskogee team that is much improved over the 2nd half of the season. With a loss and a Sapulpa win over Edison, the Spartans’ season might be over.
The only movement this week in Class 5A is at the bottom of the rankings. Collinsville won a thriller over Pryor last week. The Cardinals and Tigers swap spots going into week 10.
1) Guthrie Blue Jays-(9-0)-LW: #1-Beat Bishop McGuinness 33-7
The Blue Jays are very impressive. I don’t think anybody who would rank 5A would have Guthrie anywhere except the #1 spot. The Blue Jays dispatched a good Bishop McGuinness team. Expect another blowout this week with Northwest Classen.
2) McAlester Buffaloes-(8-1)-LW: #2-Beat Skiatook 52-24
The Buffaloes are still without their standout quarterback Dalton Wood. It hasn’t mattered over the last several weeks. McAlester rolled to another 50+ point performance against Skiatook. Buffs travel to Tulsa to face Memorial to close out regular season.
3) Carl Albert Titans-(7-2)-LW: #3-Beat Western Heights 64-21
With Guthrie’s dominance and undefeated run, it seems like people aren’t talking about the defending champs that much. Carl Albert could end up going back to back but after the loss to Guthrie, you have to give the Jays the nod. The Titans will be there.
4) Lawton MacArthur Highlanders-(7-2)-LW: #4-Beat Capitol Hill 52-3
Lawton Mac has dominated since a loss to Del City in week 4. The Highlanders have a district title game with Ardmore Friday. Mac will rely on their offense in this one, it’s an offense that has been putting up massive numbers since the 38-18 loss to Del City.
5) Ardmore Tigers-(8-1)-LW: #5-Beat Altus 35-34
The Tigers had been rolling since week 1. Ardmore might have been looking towards week 10’s meeting with Lawton Mac a week early. Ardmore was in a fight last week and survived a scare from Altus. Lawton Mac will give the Tigers all they want.
6) Shawnee Wolves-(7-2)-LW: #6-Beat Hale 56-6
The Wolves have locked up the 2 seed out of 5A-3. Shawnee will be hosting a 1st round playoff game. Before the Wolves focus on the playoffs, they’ll wrap up the regular season with a trip to Noble.
7) Edmond Deer Creek Antlers-(6-3)-LW: #7-Beat Northwest Classen 59-6
Deer Creek bounced back from the loss to Guthrie by blasting NW Classen. The Antlers now have a huge season finale meeting with Bishop McGuinness. The winner finishes 3rd and the loser finishes 4th and has to face a district champ in the 1st round.
8) Del City Eagles-(6-3)-LW: #8-Beat Duncan 14-7
It appears that the Eagles might be limping into the playoffs. Unfortunately for Del City, They might get a rematch in the 1st round of a match up they had a year ago. The Eagles will probably travel to Carl Albert in the 1st round, it might be a rout.
9) Collinsville Cardinals-(7-2)-LW: #10-Beat Pryor 20-19
The Cardinals are playing their best football right now. Collinsville got, what could be, a district championship victory on the road against a good Pryor team. Collinsville can lock up that title with a win against Tahlequah or a Pryor loss to East Central.
10) Pryor Tigers-(6-3)-LW: #9-Lost to Collinsville 20-19
The Tigers lost for the first time since September 20th snapping a 5 game winning streak. Pryor will need to regroup to avoid dropping to the 3rd spot in 5A-4. Pryor will host East Central in the season finale to clinch the 2 seed and a 1st round home game.
With McLoud upsetting Ada, the Cougars drop down the rankings before a district title meeting with Douglass.
1) Anadarko Warriors-(9-0)-LW: #1-Beat Weatherford 56-7
The Warriors have locked up another 4A-1 district title. Anadarko has rolled all season long, the only close contest was a 18-15 victory over Woodward. Darko will have no problem closing out the regular season 10-0 when they travel to Elgin.
2) Wagoner Bulldogs-(9-0)-LW: #2-Beat Webster 57-35
Don’t let the final score fool you, Wagoner jumped out to a 44-0 halftime lead and just coasted in the 2nd half. The Bulldogs are in a handful of teams that will be contending for the title. Wagoner will close out the season on the road in Vinita. Expect similar results.
3) Douglass Trojans-(8-1)-LW: #3-Beat Harrah 22-15
I’m not sure how good this Douglass team is but you can’t argue the win-loss column. Over the last several weeks, the Trojans have had back to back scares but have pulled out with the win. Douglass will now travel to Ada with the district title on the line.
4) Clinton Red Tornadoes-(6-3)-LW: #5-Beat Cache 54-6
The Red Tornadoes look like they are starting to get healthy and have fully bounced back from the loss to Anadarko and Piedmont. We’ll see if the defending champs are healthy when they travel to west to Woodward. Winner gets the 2 seed out of 4A-1.
5) Catoosa Indians-(7-2)-LW: #6-Beat Cleveland 46-20
The Indians continue to roll and have a huge game this Friday when they travel to Oologah. Catoosa and Oologah each have 1 district loss, both to Wagoner. The winner gets to host a 1st round playoff game while the loser will finish 3rd and go on the road.
6) Cascia Hall Commandoes-(8-1)-LW: #7-Beat Rogers 61-28
Cascia Hall will be cheering hard for Fort Gibson on Friday night while they face Broken Bow. The Commandoes will have no problem beating the Savages. They need Fort Gibson to beat Sallisaw in order to win the district title.
7) Ada Cougars-(7-2)-LW: #4-Lost to McLoud 33-20
The Cougars have to bounce back in the biggest game of the season. Ada has survived several scares this season but finally fell to McLoud. Ada hosts Douglass in a district championship meeting. The Cougars are trying to go back to back as 4A-2 champ.
8) Poteau Pirates-(8-1)-LW: #8-Beat Broken Bow 41-7
Poteau finishes up their regular season with a Thursday meeting with Rogers in Tulsa. If the Pirates win, don’t be surprised to see some Poteau fans in the stands for the Fort Gibson-Sallisaw game. If the Black Diamonds win, the Pirates are the champs.
9) Sallisaw Black Diamonds-(7-2)-LW: #9-Beat Muldrow 42-20
The Black Diamonds have a huge meeting with Fort Gibson. If Sallisaw loses they’ll be visiting to Wagoner in the 1st round and they want to avoid that. Sallisaw still has a long shot at hosting a 1st round game but it appears that if they get a win they’ll get the 3 seed.
10) Woodward Boomers-(7-2)-LW: #10-Beat Elk City 70-21
How good is Woodward? Is it possible that the Boomers are Oklahoma’s best kept secret? Woodward will have the opportunity to announce itself as a legitimate contender if they beat the defending 4A champ Clinton this week.
Only slight movement this week in 3A’s top 10. Cushing lost to Seminole and it was very difficult dropping them a spot. I did drop the Tigers 1 spot and put Plainview ahead of them.
1) Kingfisher Yellowjackets-(9-0)-LW: #1-Beat Newcastle 45-7
2) Seminole Chieftains-(9-0)-LW: #2-Beat Cushing 20-14
3) Blanchard Lions-(8-0)-LW: #3-BYE
4) Metro Christian Patriots-(9-0)-LW: #4-Beat Claremore Sequoyah 35-6
5) Victory Christian Conquerors-(9-0)-LW: #5-Beat Prague 56-6
6) Plainview Indians-(9-0)-LW: #7-Beat Pauls Valley 49-7
7) Cushing Tigers-(8-1)-LW: #6-Lost to Seminole 20-14
8) Berryhill Chiefs-(8-1)-LW: #8-Beat OKC Legion 44-20
9) Locust Grove Pirates-(9-0)-LW: #9-Beat Lincoln Christian 80-41
10) Hilldale Hornets-(7-2)-LW: #10-Beat Tahlequah Sequoyah 57-0
No changes this week in Class 2A. Hartshorne remains at #9 despite losing to #3 Vian in a heartbreaking loss last week.
1) Millwood Falcons-(9-0)-LW: #1-Beat Luther 67-14
2) Davis Wolves-(9-0)-LW: #2-Beat Coalgate 50-8
3) Vian Wolverines-(9-0)-LW: #3-Beat Hartshorne 22-15
4) Hennessey Eagles-(8-1)-LW: #4-Beat Tonkawa 52-15
5) Adair Warriors-(8-1)-LW: #5-Beat Westville 38-15
6) Nowata Ironmen-(8-1)-LW: #6-Beat Choteau 64-6
7) Commerce Tigers-(9-0)-LW: #8-Beat Colcord 35-28
8) Meeker Bulldogs-(9-0)-LW: #8-Beat Central Sallisaw 44-20
9) Hartshorne Miners-(7-2)-LW: #9-Lost to Vian 22-15
10) OCS Saints-(6-3)-LW: #10-Beat Northeast 63-6