/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”;}
We had a lot of movement this week in the top 10. The only spots that don’t change are 1-3 with Jenks, Union and Lawton. Owasso drops out of the top 10 after climbing back into the rankings last week. Booker T Washington makes an appearance in the rankings after beating Owasso last week.
1) Jenks Trojans-(7-0)-LW: #1-Beat Westmoore 24-0
The unanimous #1 ranked team used a strong running game and a terrorizing defense to shutout previously unbeaten Westmoore. The Trojans only gave up 50 yards of total offense. Jenks should roll into the playoffs undefeated.
2) Union Redskins-(5-2)-LW: #2-Beat Sand Springs 63-6
Union weathered the storm in the first four weeks and now it looks like the Redskins will run away with district 6A-1. Union’s only legitimate test left is Booker T Washington, and the Redskins get the Hornets at home.
3) Lawton Wolverines-(7-0)-LW: #3-Beat Edmond Santa Fe 50-33
The Wolverines handled their business in the biggest game of their season. Yes, I know, Santa Fe was without QB Justice Hansen, last I check, Hansen doesn’t play defense. Lawton RB Michael Warren ran for 337 yards in the win.
4) Broken Arrow Tigers-(5-2)-LW: #5-Beat Putnam City 52-21
The Tigers rolled to an easy 31 point victory over an overmatched Putnam City team. Broken Arrow faces an Edison team that has gone 1-3 since starting the season 3-0.
5) Westmoore Jaguars-(6-1)-LW: #4-Lost to Jenks 24-0
We hear it all the time, when will the west break the Jenks-Union dynasty? Could it be possible that the answer is never? We’re closing in on 20 years. Westmoore has a very good team but they were no match for the defending champs.
6) Norman North Timberwolves-(5-2)-LW: #7-Beat Edmond North 42-35
Norman North will move forward without Alabama commit David Cornwell. Cornwell is out with a torn ACL. The T’Wolves got a big win over Edmond North and moved one step closer to the district title.
7) Edmond Memorial Bulldogs-(5-2)-LW: #8-Beat Choctaw 33-3
Running back Warren Wand had a great performance to continue Edmond Memorial’s run in the top 10. Wand finished with 279 yards and 4 touchdowns. The Bulldogs will be tested the next two weeks against Southmoore and Edmond Santa Fe.
8) Edmond Santa Fe Wolves-(5-2)-LW: #6-Lost to Lawton 50-33
I’ve said it for a couple weeks now, Santa Fe will go as far as Justice Hansen will take them. Hansen was knocked out of the game against Lawton and the Wolves fell by 17. I’m not saying Santa Fe would have won with Hansen, but it would have been close.
9) Bixby Spartans-(5-2)-LW: #10-Beat Edison 35-3
The Spartans are getting closer and closer to locking up a playoff spot out of district 6A-2. Bixby had no problem rolling over Edison. Bixby’s last 3 games are Putnam City, Jenks and Muskogee. The only home game during that stretch is against #1 Jenks.
10) Booker T Washington Hornets-(5-2)-LW: UR-Beat Owasso 36-20
The Hornets return to the top 10 after a big win over Owasso. BTW jumped out to a 29-7 halftime lead en route to the upset. Booker T still needs some help to get a playoff home game. They have a week 9 match up at Union.
The top 4 teams rolled to victories so they keep their spots this week. Bishop Kelley takes a big drop from #5 to #9 after losing by 32 to Shawnee. Claremore drops out of the rankings for the first time this season after losing to Pryor. Speaking of Pryor, they make their debut in the rankings at #10.
1) Guthrie Blue Jays-(7-0)-LW: #1-Beat El Reno 52-0
Guthrie had no hangover after an emotional win over Carl Albert last week. The Blue Jays had no problem with El Reno and Guthrie continues to roll. The only undefeated team left in 5A, Guthrie faces #5 Edmond Deer Creek this week.
2) McAlester Buffaloes-(6-1)-LW: #2-Beat Durant 59-29
The Buffaloes continued to roll as they beat down Durant by 30. McAlester is still without their junior star quarterback Dalton Wood. Wood was injured in the Shawnee game 3 weeks ago. The Buffs travel to Tulsa to take on Bishop Kelley this week.
3) Carl Albert Titans-(5-2)-LW: #3-Beat NW Classen 52-14
No surprise here, the Titans bounce back after the loss to Guthrie. The defending champs handled their business against NW Classen. Carl Albert should roll over the next 3 weeks and head into the 5A playoffs as a serious contender.
4) Lawton MacArthur Highlanders-(5-2)-LW: #4-Beat Duncan 71-56
Was defense ruled illegal before this game? 126 points combined? Yikes. It’s not very often that you can score 56 points and still lose by 15. Lawton Mac continues to roll and it appear their only test remaining is a week 10 clash with Ardmore.
5) Deer Creek Antlers-(5-2)-LW: #6-Beat Western Heights 51-7
The Antlers added to Western Heights’ woes with a 51-7 win. Western Heights has now lost 19 straight games. The Antlers now shift their focus to a showdown with #1 Guthrie.
6) Ardmore Tigers-(6-1)-LW: #7-Beat Chickasha 24-3
The Tigers have rolled to their 5 straight wins which makes me ask the question. How in the world, did Ardmore lose to Durant in September? Looking back that is a big head scratcher in 5A. Ardmore faces Lawton Mac in 2 weeks.
7) Shawnee Wolves-(5-2)-LW: #10-Beat Bishop Kelley 42-10
Shawnee QB John Jacobs showed out in Tulsa on Thursday. Jacobs finished 13-18 for 250 yards and a TD thru the air. Jacobs also added 89 yards on 13 carries and 3 TD’s. Shawnee should roll into the playoffs after these last 3 games.
8) Del City Eagles-(4-3)-LW: #8-Beat Capitol Hill 68-0
Del City has the talent but they’ve hit several speed bumps this season. The Eagles are without their starting QB but had no problem with Capitol Hill. Del City should win out the rest of their games, they’ll need some help to win the district.
9) Bishop Kelley Comets-(5-2)-LW: #5-Lost to Shawnee 42-10
The Comets had a major let down against Shawnee at home last week. Bishop Kelley will need to rebound in a major way as #2 McAlester comes to Tulsa to take on the Comets. Bishop Kelley could struggle if McAlester gets their QB back.
10) Pryor Tigers-(5-2)-LW: UR-Beat Claremore 35-26
Welcome to the big time Pryor. The Tigers are in the top 10 for the first time this season after a huge win over Claremore. QB Brennon Barth ran for 222 yards and 4 touchdowns and now has 19 TD’s on the ground. Pryor travels to Tahlequah trying to avoid a hangover.
Class 4A’s rankings are all kinds of messed up. Douglass jumps up to #3 after Clinton lost their 2nd straight game and Ada struggled to beat Glenpool. Then you have the mess down at the bottom of the top 10. You have to rank Cascia Hall ahead of Poteau. You can’t rank Cascia ahead of Sallisaw. Then again you can’t rank Sallisaw ahead of Poteau, and what do you do with Fort Gibson? So with all that being said, I just threw some darts at some names and this is what I got. Not really, but it felt that way.
1) Anadarko Warriors-(7-0)-LW: #1-Beat Woodward 18-15
Every game you can ask the question, what does this say more about? I believe this tells us that Woodward is a heck of a team. Darko was beating teams by an average of 50-7 before escaping Woodward. Woodward probably deserves a ranking.
2) Wagoner Bulldogs-(7-0)-LW: #2-Beat Oologah 42-28
The Bulldogs continue to roll. Wagoner isn’t putting up crazy numbers or stats this season. One constant every week has been the scoreboard. Wagoner has jumped out to a 7-0 start and each victory has been by at least 15 points.
3) Douglass Trojans-(6-1)-LW: #5-Beat Santa Fe South 44-7
I’ve always been hesitant to rank this Douglass team high but I can’t ignore their success any longer. Douglass’ only loss is to an undefeated Millwood team. The Trojans will continue to roll into a week 10 road clash with Ada.
4) Ada Cougars-(6-1)-LW: #4-Beat Glenpool 29-27
The Cougars scored the go ahead touchdown with under a minute to play to get past a struggling Glenpool team. Ada needs to turn things around quickly as they host a Harrah team that is undefeated in district play.
5) Clinton Red Tornadoes-(4-3)-LW: #3-Lost to Piedmont 45-19
Calm down, Clinton was without 9 starters in the loss. It still does raise some eyebrows the way Piedmont was able to run away with this one. Clinton needs to get healthy before a week 10 trip to Woodward. Can you imagine Clinton finishing 3rd? It could happen.
6) Catoosa Indians-(5-2)-LW: #6-Beat Vinita 42-7
The Indians are just winning ball games. Catoosa looks like they’ll lock up the 2nd spot district 4A-3 over the next couple weeks. Catoosa’s only remaining tough game will be week 10 against Oologah.
7) Cascia Hall Commandoes-(6-1)-LW: #10-Beat Poteau 27-15
The Commandoes don’t lose two district games in the same season. It just doesn’t happen. Cascia avoided their second loss in three weeks by handing Poteau their first loss of the season. No room to celebrate, Cascia has Fort Gibson coming to Tulsa.
8) Poteau Pirates-(6-1)-LW: #7-Lost to Cascia Hall 27-15
Poteau dropped their first game of the season to Cascia Hall. Poteau is still in great shape to win the district with a win over Sallisaw and Fort Gibson. The Pirates should win out with games against Muldrow, Broken Bow and Rogers to end the season.
9) Fort Gibson Tigers-(5-2)-LW: #8-Beat Muldrow 34-0
Cascia Hall is back to doing Cascia Hall things. Fort Gibson now has to travel to Tulsa and it’s a must win situation if they have any hope of hosting a first round playoff game. The Tigers will have to play great to get the win.
10) Sallisaw Black Diamonds-(5-2)-LW: #9-Beat Stilwell 42-14
Sallisaw is right up there in the discussion of a possible district title in 4A-4. The Black Diamonds are 1 of the 4 teams in the 4 way tie for first place right now. Sallisaw has a couple winnable games before week 10 when they host Fort Gibson.
Once again, zero change in the top 10 this week. At the bottom of the top 10 Berryhill and Locust Grove got close victories to remain in the top 10 this week.
1) Kingfisher Yellowjackets-(7-0)-LW: #1-Beat Centennial 69-18
Kingfisher wracked up a season high in points dropping 69 on an overmatched Centennial team. Kingfisher probably won’t be tested again until mid-November. The closest game so far was a 31-0 win over Hennessey.
2) Seminole Chieftains-(7-0)-LW: #2-Beat Prague 46-20
Seminole handled their business against Prague and continues to win every week. In fact, the 26 point win was the Chieftains’ closest game so far this season. Seminole can’t look past Bristow to their match up next week against Cushing.
3) Blanchard Lions-(7-0)-LW: #3-Beat Jones 21-7
The defending champs had their closest game last week. Blanchard beat Jones by 14. Blanchard takes on Mt. St. Mary this week. Blanchard is off next week before taking on Tuttle in the season finale.
4) Metro Christian Patriots-(7-0)-LW: #4-Beat Verdigris 42-0
Dominance. Since week 1 when Metro Christian beat OCS 14-13, Metro has outscored the next 6 opponents 263-4. Dominance. The Patriots should roll again against Sperry this week before back to back battles with Claremore Sequoyah and Berryhill.
5) Victory Christian Conquerors-(7-0)-LW: #5-Beat Inola 49-14
The Conquerors have been able to handle their business during the first 7 weeks to no surprise. Victory Christian has won by an average score 52-14. The biggest test of the year comes this week when VC travels to Beggs.
6) Cushing Tigers-(7-0)-LW: #6-Beat Chandler 48-14
Cushing is rolling with an average score of 43-12. The Tigers face Perkins-Tryon before a meeting with #2 Seminole next week.
7) Plainview Indians-(7-0)-LW: #7-Beat Atoka 69-3
Plainview is just another of these dominant 3A teams. Plainview hasn’t given up 10 points since week 1. The Indians are a dangerous team that not too many people know about making them a match up nightmare in November.
8) Tuttle Tigers-(6-1)-LW: #8-Beat Marlow 44-20
The Tigers had no problem with Marlow. In fact, Tuttle hasn’t had a problem since week 1 when they lost to Plainview. Since week 1, Tuttle has beaten their next 6 opponents by a combined score 291-66.
9) Berryhill Chiefs-(6-1)-LW: #9-Beat Claremore Sequoyah 26-21
Berryhill remains in the top 10 after getting past a good Claremore Sequoyah team. The Chiefs face Blackwell and OKC Legion over the next couple weeks, they should have no problems. Berryhill faces one of the best teams in 3A in Metro Christian in week 10.
10) Locust Grove Pirates-(7-0)-LW: #10-Beat Hilldale 42-41
Locust Grove remained unbeaten in exciting fashion getting past Hilldale. The Pirates scored a TD with 2:43 left and they went for 2 to go ahead instead of a game tying PAT. Locust Grove still has work to do with games against Dewey and Lincoln Christian.
We had only one change in the top 10 this week. Hugo drops out of the top 10 after back to back losses to Hartshorne and Vian. Speaking of Hartshorne, they make their first appearance in the top 10 this season.
1) Millwood Falcons-(7-0)-LW: #1-Beat Crooked Oak 60-33
2) Davis Wolves-(7-0)-LW: #2-Beat OKC Legion 47-6
3) Vian Wolverines-(7-0)-LW: #3-Beat Hugo 47-0
4) Hennessey Eagles-(6-1)-LW: #4-Beat Pawnee 48-0
5) OCS Saints-(6-1)-LW: #5-Beat Dibble 60-18
6) Adair Warriors-(6-1)-LW: #6-Beat Chelsea 68-6
7) Nowata Ironmen-(6-1)-LW: #7-Beat Caney Valley 68-0
8) Meeker Bulldogs-(7-0)-LW: #8-Beat Wellston 42-0
9) Commerce Tigers-(7-0)-LW: #9-Beat Ketchum 49-13
10) Hartshorne Miners-(6-1)-LW: UR-Beat Pocola 55-29