Only a little movement in 6A this week. No team dropped out of the rankings. Southmoore took the biggest hit falling from 6 to 10 after the 31-13 loss to Westmoore
1) Jenks Trojans-(2-0)-LW: #1-Beat Union 20-16
The Trojans did it again. Dylan Harding caught a 76 yard touchdown with 25 seconds left. Host Owasso this week.
2) Broken Arrow Tigers-(2-0)-LW: #2-Beat Bentonville, AR 24-17
BA got an impressive win over the top ranked team in Arkansas. Running back Devon Thomas left the game after 4 plays with an ankle injury.
3) Lawton Wolverines-(2-0)-LW: #4-Beat Lawton MacArthur 47-20
Lawton got a very nice win over rival and top 5 team in 5A Lawton Mac. Final tune-up before district play against Altus Friday.
4) Union Redskins-(0-2)-LW: #3-Lost to Jenks 20-16
No shame in the loss to Jenks. Union played without their starting quarterback and top 2 running backs. Trying to avoid 1st 0-3 start since 2006.
5) Edmond Santa Fe-(1-1)-LW: #5-Beat Yukon 49-35
Justice Hansen made his debut last Thursday and it was outstanding. Good bounce back win after the Midwest City loss in week 1.
6) Westmoore Jaguars-(2-0)-LW: #8-Beat Southmoore 31-13
Westmoore making the jump up to #6 after beating rival Southmoore by 18. The Jags have another test Friday at Norman North.
7) Midwest City Bombers-(2-0)-LW: #7-Beat Stillwater 28-22
Held off a Stillwater comeback to get their 2nd straight win. Finish up a tough non district schedule with rival Del City.
8) Owasso Rams-(1-1)-LW: #9-Beat Muskogee 36-7
The Rams got their first win over a struggling Muskogee team. Now the Rams will travel to take on top ranked Jenks.
9) Norman North Timberwolves-(1-1)-LW: #10-Beat Del City 41-38
Another good bounce back win. Norman North had to come from behind to do it against Del City. The T’Wolves now host #6 Westmoore.
10) Southmoore Sabercats-(1-1)-LW: #6-Lost to Westmoore 31-13
After a very impressive win over Carl Albert, the Sabercats had a let down to rival Westmoore.
No team dropped out of the rankings this week although both Shawnee and Bishop McGuinness are close. Edmond Deer Creek jumped up to #4
1) Carl Albert Titans-(1-1)-LW: #1-Beat Coweta 43-7
The defending champs bounced back by taking out their aggression on Coweta. Play Duncan Friday before 3 week gauntlet in the district.
2) McAlester Buffaloes-(1-1)-LW: #2-Lost to Booker T Washington 47-45
No shame in losing by 2 to a BTW team that could make the playoffs in 6A. However giving up a 21 point halftime lead is a little concerning.
3) Guthrie Blue Jays-(2-0)-LW: #3-Beat Ponca City 62-13
Another week, another blow out win for the Blue Jays. Guthrie takes on Enid Friday before diving into the toughest district in the state.
4) Edmond Deer Creek Antlers-(2-0)-LW: #8-Beat Shawnee 41-21
Made a nice statement Friday when the Antlers went to Shawnee and won by 20. Wrap up non district play against Edmond Memorial.
5) Del City Eagles-(1-1)-LW: #5-Lost to Norman North 41-38
Del City almost upset the 6A runner ups. The Eagles will take on rival and 6A’s #7 ranked Midwest City.
6) Bishop Kelley Comets-(2-0)-LW: #9-Beat Bishop McGuinness 25-22
Beat rival McGuinness. Snapped a 4 game losing streak to the Irish. Face Coweta for the 7th time in 4 seasons.
7) Claremore Zebras-(2-0)-LW: #7-Beat Miami 42-19
Easy victory over a struggling Miami team. Now the Zebras take on the top offense in 5A as they travel to McAlester.
8) Lawton MacArthur Highlanders-(1-1)-LW: #4-Lost to Lawton 47-20
Lost to a Lawton team that is just better. Not a disappointing loss. Face another Lawton team tonight in rival Eisenhower.
9) Bishop McGuinness Irish-(0-2)-LW: #6-Lost to Bishop Kelley 25-22
If the Irish are going to do anything this season, they have to stop turning the ball over. 5 turnovers against Bishop Kelley.
10) Shawnee Wolves-(1-1)-LW: #10-Lost to Edmond Deer Creek 41-21
Lost big to Deer Creek but they remain in the top 10. Take on Ponca City before Memorial and McAlester in back to back weeks.
Cascia Hall makes their first appearance in the 4A top 10. Probably won’t drop out anytime soon. Weatherford dropped out.
1) Clinton Red Tornadoes-(1-1)-LW: #1-Beat Heritage Hall 39-6
Had over 450 yards on the ground in a great 33 point win. Simpkins is back to 100%.
2) Wagoner Bulldogs-(2-0)-LW: #2-Beat Pryor 35-13
Wagoner handled their business against Pryor. The Bulldogs are still not sold on a QB. Evitt went for over 250 yards.
3) Anadarko Warriors-(2-0)-LW: #3-Beat Centennial 62-0
The Warriors’ competition hasn’t been tough at all but they’ve outscored opponents 135-14 in two weeks.
4) Fort Gibson Tigers-(2-0)-LW: #5-Beat Hilldale 17-10
Fort Gibson with a close win over rival Hilldale. The Tigers will face another 4A top ten team in Catoosa.
5) Ada Cougars-(1-1)-LW: #6-Beat Idabel 42-6
The Cougars wrap up non district play against Durant. Durant beat Ardmore last week. Ada lost to Ardmore in week 1.
6) Douglass Trojans-(1-1)-LW: #4-Lost to Millwood 31-12
The Trojans lost big to rival Millwood in the Soul Bowl. Douglass still has a big win against Booker T Washington.
7) Catoosa Indians-(1-1)-LW #8-Beat Collinsville 21-14
Catoosa bounced back from the 6 turnovers in the loss to Pryor. The Indians have a big 4A test against Fort Gibson.
8) McLain Titans-(2-0)-LW: #10-Beat Sperry 22-16
Won a battle with Sperry. The Titans now take on TPS rival Central this Friday at 6PM.
9) Cascia Hall Commandoes-(2-0)-LW: UR-Beat Glenpool 24-14
The Commandoes don’t look like they’ll be taking a step back this year. Got a hard fought 10 point win over rival Glenpool.
10) Broken Bow Savages-(1-1)-LW: #7-Lost to Shiloh Christian (AR) 44-7
Don’t sweat it. Shiloh Christian is a high profile team out of Arkansas. Huge game this Friday as the Savages host Metro Christian.
Not much movement with many teams winning in routs. Berryhill gets back into the top 10 after they got a win over Webster and Claremore Sequoyah lost.
1) Kingfisher Yellowjackets-(2-0)-LW: #1-Beat Chandler 58-19
The Yellowjackets are off to a fast start. Face a tough 2 week stretch with 2A’s #4 Hennessey Friday and #6 Heritage Hall next week.
2) Seminole Chieftains-(2-0)-LW: #2-Beat Tecumseh 35-7
Well it was going to be hard to match the 76 point explosion from week 1. Solid 28 point win for Seminole.
3) Blanchard Lions-(2-0)-LW: #3-Beat Lindsay 48-6
Blanchard is off to a strong start as the defending champions. May not be tested again until week 10 when they travel to Tuttle.
4) Victory Christian Conquerors-(2-0)-LW: #5-Beat Regent Prep 66-13
Victory Christian has jumped out to a 2-0 start to no surprise. Face Tahlequah Sequoyah in rematch of huge Victory Christian comeback.
5) Metro Christian Patriots-(2-0)-LW: #6-Beat NOAH 50-0
Metro starts a 4 week stretch with road games. The toughest game of the stretch is this Friday when they travel to 4A’s #10 ranked Broken Bow.
6) Heritage Hall Chargers-(1-1)-LW: #4-Lost to Clinton 39-6
No knock on the Chargers for their loss to Clinton. That’s the top team in 4A. Will need to bounce back Friday against Davis.
7) Cushing Tigers-(2-0)-LW: #7-Beat Perry 41-15
Led by Gage Stallworth, the Tigers are rolling to start the season. All signs point to a showdown with Seminole.
8) Plainview Indians-(2-0)-LW: #8-Beat Elgin 50-7
Followed up the win over Tuttle with a 43 point win against Elgin. If the Indians beat Madill in week 4, Plainview could go 10-0 this season.
9) Tuttle Tigers-(1-1)-LW: #9-Beat Elk City 66-7
Tuttle took out all their week 1 frustrations on Elk City. Good bounce back win for Tuttle after losing to Plainview 19-14.
10) Berryhill Chiefs-(1-1)-LW: UR-Beat Webster 38-14
Berryhill is back into the top 10 after a 24 point win over Webster. Berryhill is a solid 3A team that is trying to take the next step.
Every top 10 team won. No movement at all.
1) Millwood Falcons-(2-0)-LW: #1-Beat Douglass 31-12
Can you rank a team higher than #1? The Falcons shut down rival Douglass. Face #6 Adair on Friday.
2) Davis Wolves-(2-0)-LW: #2-Beat Sulphur 32-14
Huge test coming up for Davis Friday as they’ll face off with 3A’s #6 Heritage Hall. Can keep up with Millwood with a win.
3) Vian Wolverines-(2-0)-LW: #3-Beat Eufaula 27-7
Vian continues to roll to start the 2013 season. Not in the fashion they did it in last year but 2-0 none the less.
4) Hennessey Eagles-(2-0)-LW: #4-Beat Jones 40-13
The Eagles are off to a hot start but will perhaps get their toughest test this year on Friday. Hennessey takes on 3A’s #1 Kingfisher.
5) OCS Saints-(1-1)-LW: #5-Beat Tonkawa 18-6
The defending champs got their first win of the season when they beat Tonkawa by 12. Not as strong as last year, but they’re still the champs.
6) Adair Warriors-(2-0)-LW: #6-Beat Wyandotte 53-13
Adair has won 23 straight regular season games. They have their toughest test of that streak when they take on #1 Millwood.
7) Nowata Ironmen-(2-0)-LW: #7-Beat Vinita 20-14
This is a dangerous Nowata team. They might not have enough to beat the top teams in 2A. You can’t overlook this team.
8) Alva Goldbugs-(1-1)-LW: #8-Beat Morrison 54-20
Alva bounced back from a week 1 loss with an impressive 34 point win over one of the top Class A teams in Morrison.
9) Hugo Buffaloes-(2-0)-LW: #9-Beat Valliant 14-6
The Buffaloes might be on a crash course for Vian in district play. Hugo is off to a nice start this year.
10) Stroud Tigers-(1-1)-LW: #10-Beat Bristow 27-7
Stroud bounced back on Friday against Bristow. The Tigers are always dangerous. Expect them to climb the 2A rankings throughout the year.