1) Jenks Trojans-(1-0)-LW: #1-Beat Euless Trinity 27-23
Jenks remains #1 after a very impressive win over nationally ranked Euless Trinity in Texas.
2) Broken Arrow Tigers-(1-0)-LW: #2-Beat Owasso 37-16
The Tigers led Owasso 13-10 at halftime but ran away in the second half winning by 21 over the rival Rams.
3) Union Redskins-(0-1)-LW: #3-Lost to DeSoto 44-20
Union did lose but lost to one of the nation’s best. Lost by 24 to the Texas power and also got bit by the injury bug.
4) Lawton Wolverines-(1-0)-LW: #5-Beat Lawton Eisenhower 63-9
Lawton with a dominant victory over lowly Lawton Ike. Big game this week against another Lawton rival, Lawton Mac.
5) Edmond Santa Fe-(0-1)-LW: #4-Lost to Midwest City 3-0
Lost to the Bombers in a surprising shutout. OU commit Justice Hansen missed the game with a hamstring injury.
6) Southmoore Sabercats-(1-0)-LW: #10-Beat Carl Albert 37-14
Impressive victory over 5A favorite Carl Albert. The Southmoore running game dominated the stout Titan defense.
7) Midwest City Bombers-(1-0)-LW: Unranked-Beat Edmond Santa Fe 3-0
One of the more impressive outcomes from week 1. After a 3-7 season a year ago, it appears “Bomber Magic” may be back.
8) Westmoore Jaguars-(1-0)-LW: #9-Beat Moore 37-6
The Jaguars got a win over rival Moore. Will get more of a test this week with #6 Southmoore.
9) Owasso Rams-(0-1)-LW: #7-Lost to Broken Arrow 37-16
Let the game get away from them in the second half. Missed playmaker John Cole Neph. Chance to lick their wounds Friday against Muskogee.
10) Norman North Timberwolves-(0-1)-LW: #6-Lost to Norman 38-31
Lost to rival Norman by 7. Gave up 9 sacks to the Tiger defense. Will need to bounce back against a tough Del City team.
Booker T Washington-Lost to Douglass 24-21
1) Carl Albert-(0-1)-LW: #1-Lost to Southmoore 37-14
Not concerned. Southmoore is a top 10 6A team. I’ll give the benefit of the doubt. Should handle Coweta Friday.
2) McAlester-(1-0)-LW: #2-Beat Stillwater 47-34
The Buffaloes won a shootout in Stillwater last week. We’ll see how the Buffs do against a hungry and angry BTW squad.
3) Guthrie Blue Jays-(1-0)-LW: #4-Beat Duncan 46-6
Guthrie did nothing but impress in week 1. Will go up to 6A the next two weeks against Ponca City and Enid.
4) Lawton MacArthur-(1-0)-LW: #5-Beat Clinton 31-13
Impressive win over 4A’s #1 team. Huge test this week against 6A’s #4 ranked Lawton Wolverines.
5) Del City Eagles-(1-0)-LW: #6-Beat East Central 52-27
A nice statement victory for Del City in Tulsa over East Central. Could make a bigger one this Friday against Norman North.
6) Bishop McGuinness Irish-(0-1)-LW: #3-Lost to Shawnee 14-7
Disappointing 14-7 loss last week. Jacob Lewis threw 4 INT’s while only completing 3 passes. Bishop Battle this Friday.
7) Claremore Zebras-(1-0)-LW: #7-Beat Oologah 17-14
Got a scare from Oologah last Thursday. Will need to bounce back and impress against Miami to remain at #7.
8) Deer Creek Antlers-(1-0)-LW: #9-Beat Piedmont 35-3
Will get a bigger test this week when they face Shawnee. Shawnee hungry to prove victory over McGuinness wasn’t a fluke.
9) Bishop Kelley Comets-(1-0)-LW: #10-Beat Bartlesville 31-24
Got a nice win over 6A’s Bartlesville. Hungry to face perhaps a vulnerable McGuinness team. 2-8 over last 10 meetings against Irish.
10) Shawnee Wolves-(1-0)-LW: Unranked-Beat Bishop McGuinness 14-7
Looks like the drop to 5A is bringing the Wolves back to relevance. Will get another opportunity to open eyes Friday against #8 Deer Creek.
Collinsville-Beat Skiatook 34-32
1) Clinton Red Tornadoes-(0-1)-LW: #1-Lost to Lawton Mac 31-13
Can’t knock Clinton for losing to 5A power Lawton Mac. Missed star RB Marquiz Simpkins for most of the game.
2) Wagoner Bulldogs-(1-0)-LW: #2-Beat Coweta 21-2
Won an ugly game with rival Coweta. Travel to Pryor to face a Tiger team that shutout Catoosa 24-0 last week.
3) Anadarko Warriors-(1-0)-LW: #4-Beat Chickasha 73-14
It’s a 59 point win. It’s impressive. It appears that Anadarko is here to stay.
4) Douglass Trojans-(1-0)-LW: #6-Beat Booker T Washington 24-21
Beat the Hornets on a game winning field goal with 8 seconds left in the game. Now focus on Soul Bowl with Millwood.
5) Fort Gibson Tigers-(1-0)-LW: #3-Beat Tahlequah 42-33
Only dropped because the teams that jumped them were more impressive. Chance to impress the next two weeks starting with Hilldale this week.
6) Ada Cougars-(0-1)-LW: #5-Lost to Ardmore 36-29
Dropped a 7 point decision to 5A’s Ardmore. Still a strong team in 4A. The schedule sets up for Ada to go on a run now.
7) Broken Bow Savages-(1-0)-LW: #8-Beat Idabel 41-7
An impressive week 1 win. The Savages have a tough out of state test this week with Shiloh Christian of Springdale, Arkansas.
8) Catoosa Indians-(0-1)-LW: #7-Lost to Pryor 24-0
Was shutout by 5A’s Pryor. 6 turnovers ruined any chance Catoosa had. The Indians can bounce back this week against Collinsville.
9) Weatherford Eagles-(1-0)-LW: #9-Beat Harrah 27-14
Weatherford faces Duncan this week before back to back games at Bishop McGuinness and at Clinton.
10) McLain Titans-(1-0)-LW: #10-Beat Northeast 62-0
After dismantling Northeast, the Titans have another “scrimmage” this Friday against Sperry.
1) Kingfisher Yellowjackets-(1-0)-LW: #1-Beat Guymon 47-0
A nice shutout victory on week 1. All eyes will be on Kingfisher in two weeks against Hennessey.
2) Seminole Chieftains-(1-0)-LW: #2-Beat Lincoln Christian 76-43
Unbelievable 2nd half performance against Lincoln Christian on the road. Hard not to jump Seminole to #1 after Friday’s win.
3) Blanchard Lions-(1-0)-LW: #3-Beat Bethany 46-14
The defending champs got the season kicked off in style against 2A power Bethany. It looks like the champs won’t be dethroned easily.
4) Heritage Hall Chargers-(1-0)-LW: #4-Beat Casady 30-22
A close game throughout. very excited to see how Heritage Hall does against 4A’s #1 ranked Clinton
5) Victory Christian Conquerors-(1-0)-LW: #5-Beat Webster 48-20
Not the toughest schedule. Victory Christian should have a lot of these wins all the way into November.
6) Metro Christian Patriots-(1-0)-LW: #7-Beat OCS 14-13
A solid win on the road over the defending 2A champions. Metro Christian always plays a tough non district schedule.
7) Cushing Tigers-(1-0)-LW: #8-Beat Mannford 47-32
Great individual performance by running back Gage Stallworth for the Tigers in the 15 point win. Won’t be the last this season.
8) Plainview Indians-(1-0)-LW: Unranked-Beat Tuttle 19-14
Jumps into the top 10 after an impressive victory over Tuttle who was ranked #6 in week 1.
9) Tuttle Tigers-(0-1)-LW: # 6-Lost to Plainview 19-14
You got to put Plainview ahead of Tuttle right? Right. The Tigers are good but lost a close one to Plainview.
10) Claremore Sequoyah Eagles-(1-0)-LW: Unranked-Beat Keys 37-7
A combination of winning and a couple teams losing lands Claremore Sequoyah into the top 10.
Lincoln Christian-Lost to Seminole 76-43
Berryhill-Lost to Glenpool 44-19
1) Millwood Falcons-(1-0)-LW: #1-Beat Star Spencer 54-0
Millwood tuned up for the Soul Bowl shutting out Star Spencer in week 1. Beat Douglass 7-0 in a preseason scrimmage.
2) Davis Wolves-(1-0)-LW: #2-Beat Ringling 34-28
A match up between one of the top ranked teams in 2A and Class A was won by the 2A Wolves.
3) Vian Wolverines-(1-0)-LW: #3-Beat Spiro 32-14
Vian started their road to redemption is 2013 beating down a decent 3A squad in Spiro.
4) Hennessey Eagles-(1-0)-LW: #5-Beat Christian Heritage 28-14
Determined to get back on top of 2A after winning titles in 2010 and 2011, the Eagles now have back to back tests with Jones and Kingfisher.
5) OCS Saints-(0-1)-LW: #4-Lost to Metro Christian 14-13
No shame in losing to a Metro Christian team that is a constant 3A top 10 team. Should bounce back this week against Tonkawa.
6) Adair Warriors-(1-0)-LW: #6-Beat Kellyville 53-0
Can’t look past Wyandotte this week. However a showdown with #1 Millwood is right around the corner.
7) Nowata Ironmen-(1-0)-LW: #9-Beat Dewey 44-6
Dewey could be a possible playoff team in 3A. Not only beating them down, putting a 38 point win on the scoreboard. I see you Nowata.
8) Alva Goldbugs-(0-1)-LW: #7-Lost to Thomas 28-21
Another loss like last Friday and Alva will drop out of the top 10. Can bounce back this week against Morrison.
9) Hugo Buffaloes-(1-0)-LW: Unranked-Beat Atoka 51-0
Remember the name Trey Johnson. Not only did Hugo put up some points, they pitched the shutout.
10) Stroud Tigers-(0-1)-LW: #8-Lost to Chandler 35-7
Similar to Alva, if Stroud loses again this week to Bristow, they’ll dip out of the top 10 next week.
Okemah-Lost to Tahlequah Sequoyah 45-13