1) Jenks Trojans- The defending champions looked primed for a run at another title. The defense will shut even the best offenses down.
2) Broken Arrow Tigers- The Tigers have more talent on this 2013 squad than any other in school history. They’ll go as far as QB Coleman Key takes them.
3) Union Redskins- Don’t sleep on the other giant in 6A football. With OU commits Carson Meier and Jeff Mead making plays and RB Justin Silmon coming on, they’ll score points.
4) Edmond Santa Fe Wolves- OU QB commit Justice Hansen. Need another reason? Santa Fe has been building up to this year.
5) Lawton Wolverines- This might be a little too high for Lawton right now after missing the playoffs in 2012. I believe Lawton is a legitimate threat.
6) Norman North Wolverines- The ankle injury to Alabama commit David Cornwell doesn’t seem to be serious. A lot gone on the defense that surprised some people.
7) Owasso Rams- Game Neph replaces Jaylen Lowe. He has two D1 pass catchers in Cameron Oliver and brother John Cole Neph. Their defense is very underrated.
8) Booker T Washington Hornets- Dominated the All City Preview and has impressed all preseason. Big difference between the All City and district 6A-1.
9) Westmoore Jaguars- After putting a scare into Union in the first round of the playoffs last season, Westmoore looks to win a game in the playoffs.
10) Southmoore Sabercats- Southmoore is a constant playoff team, they’re in a tough district and the freshman quarterback will have to grow up in a hurry.
1) Carl Albert Titans- The defending champs are loaded again. Led by Stevie Thompson the Titans are major favorites to repeat in 5A.
2) McAlester Buffaloes- For the last couple of years I’ve been a huge fan of teams that put up ridiculous stats and scores. McAlester might be that team this year.
3) Bishop McGuinness Irish- Jacob Lewis is a true dual threat at QB. They’ll need production from him like his junior year to survive their district.
4) Guthrie Blue jays- The return of Kai Callins will spark this Blue jay squad that is always a contender for the gold ball.
5) Lawton MacArthur Highlanders- One of the toughest non-district schedules in 5A will toughen Lawton Mac. Falling in the 1st round 2 years in a row won’t fly.
6) Del City Eagles- One of the biggest schools in 5A. Won 5A-1 but got matched up with eventual state champion Carl Albert in the first round. Big opener against East Central.
7) Claremore Zebras- In Claremore’s last season in 5A the Zebras will try to build on last season’s 10-2 record. Early favorite in district 5A-4.
8) Collinsville Cardinals- QB Zane McElroy and WR TJ Johnson might be the best QB-WR duo you haven’t heard of. Will battle Claremore in district 4.
9) Edmond Deer Creek Antlers- Deer Creek won the toughest district in the state but fell in the quarters. Replacing QB Joel Blumenthal will be tough for Antlers.
10) Bishop Kelley Comets- Bishop Kelley is a constant playoff team. The Comets will replace some key pieces but they’re always a borderline 10 win team.
1) Clinton Red Tornadoes- Led by one of the best juniors in the state in RB Marquiz Simpkins, Clinton looks strong. What else is new?
2) Wagoner Bulldogs- Anytime you have a borderline 3000 yard running back you’re an instant contender. Led by Lawrence Evitt and co. Wagoner will be there in December.
3) Fort Gibson Tigers- Fort Gibson might be the most impressive team in the preseason. It appears replacing RB Jake Gandara won’t be as difficult as anticipated.
4) Anadarko Warriors- It doesn’t look like the jump up to 4A will slow down Anadarko. Led by RB RJ Sink, Anadarko will push Clinton in 4A-1.
5) Ada Cougars- Ada moving down to 4A showed instant rewards as Ada went 12-1 falling in the semifinals. It looks like Ada is closing in on a 20th gold ball.
6) Douglass Trojans- After the last two years of being upset in the 1st round the Trojans look to go further this year led by LSU bound DE Deondre Clark.
7) Catoosa Indians- My dark horse in 4A. With so many players back from last year’s 5-6 team, Catoosa looks to get back to the semifinals like in 2010 and 2011.
8) Broken Bow Savages- Broken Bow could be the favorite in 4A-4. I respect that Cascia Hall hasn’t lost a district game since 2005 but that might change this season.
9) Weatherford Eagles- Returning players give the Eagles a chance to go further than the 1st round. Only 4 years removed from a semifinal appearance.
10) McLain Titans- You got to think McLain is one of the hungriest teams in the state. Despite going 7-3 the Titans missed out on the postseason last year.
1) Kingfisher Yellowjackets- The Buffalo Bills of Oklahoma high school football. The Yellowjackets have made it to the title game and lost 3 out of the last 4 years.
2) Seminole Chieftains- Seminole has had back to back 10-0 seasons. They made it to the semifinals last year and have a lot of experience back.
3) Blanchard Lions- Blanchard came out of nowhere to have their best season in over a decade, going 13-1 and winning a state title.
4) Heritage Hall Chargers- The Chargers have talent all over the field and try to get back to their winning ways from 2010 and 2011.
5) Victory Christian Conquerors- Victory Christian went 10-0 in the regular season and lost in the first round. Sophomore QB Keats Calhoon back to lead.
6) Tuttle Tigers- Good regular season records but early playoff exits have made Tuttle a dangerous team in a wide open 3A.
7) Metro Christian Patriots- It doesn’t matter who is lined up at QB for the Patriots, they put up numbers. Wanting to make a run deep into the playoffs.
8) Cushing Tigers- Cushing has improved over the last two seasons. They look to go further in the playoffs this season.
9) Lincoln Christian Bulldogs- Lincoln Christian looks to improve on last year’s 6-5 record in their 1st year in 3A. Favorite in their district.
10) Berryhill Chiefs- Led by 2 way star and Tulsa commit Jeremy Smith, Berryhill tries to get back to semifinal form from 2011.
1) Millwood Falcons- The most talented team in 2A led by Texas Tech commit Cameron Batson. Made it to semi’s from 2009-2011, 9-2 last year.
2) Davis Wolves- Went 14-0 but fell to eventual state champion OCS. Shut out Vian who put up monster offensive numbers in the semifinals.
3) Vian Wolverines- This could be a season of redemption for Vian. They won’t put up as many points but they’ll want to avenge semifinal loss.
4) OCS Saints- The defending champions have a tall task replacing their QB. However, you have to respect the defending champs.
5) Hennessey Eagles- The Eagles’ run of back to back titles in 2010 and 2011 came to an end last season. Another 2A powerhouse.
6) Adair Warriors- Back to back 10-0 regular seasons and early playoff exits have made the Warriors a hungry team to go further this season.
7) Alva Goldbugs- Quarterback Ty Hooper will lead a potent offense that will put up a lot of points.
8) Stroud Tigers- Stroud has built the program to a point where it’s a constant contender. Last time Stroud didn’t win 10 games was 2007.
9) Nowata Ironmen- After going winless in 2011, Nowata looks to build on last year’s surprising 9-3 record.
10) Okemah Panthers- Several players back from last year’s 10-2 team. Okemah won 10 games for first time in over a decade.